Followers

Thursday, May 2, 2013

 http://noa-noasblogginitup.blogspot.com/
Noa Reinman had one of the best I Have Seen poems I have read.  She writes it from the perspective of what I believe to be sadness.  There’s a lot of imagery, alliteration and tension that makes this poem great.   

In the first line of the poem Ms. Reinman says, “I have seen clouds for as long as i can remember.” I love this line because of the way she used the word clouds to express depression.  She doesn’t end it there though. Sadness awakes me when my thoughts get carried away.” In the second line she gives a dramatic feeling inside of you. Her third stanza flows really well because in the beginning of her poem you have longer lines and then she puts four shorter ones to give you a feeling of repetition. She changes the lengths of her lines quite a bit in this poem and that’s one of the main reasons why this poem was successful.  Ms. Reinman  put in great imagery when she wrote,
“I send my thought to light
Where the clouds don’t go
And the rain never hovers.”
Shortly after that she writes a cool metaphor and internal rhyme,
“This storm that follows me
Is just a wall
Just a feeling wandering near me.”
Then she say’s, “A maze engraved with bad memories.”  When I read that line I think of a big patch of hedges and then bad memories carving out a maze to keep you feeling lost.”  Throughout this poem tension starts to build and then right when you think it's going to explode, the last stanza is calm and traps the anger and covers up the sadness with denial.   Every other stanza had only one line break between the next, but the line break above the stanza where everything gets calm has 3 or 4 and that was a really clever way to write this poem because it’s where you can breeze.  In horror films you always kind of tense up when you think someone thing bad is going to happen and when you realize that nothing is you just breeze and relax and the same thing happened with this poem.

1 comment: